Catching Up And Getting Mobile: Mobile Marketing And QR Codes
Mobile is the hot, new sphere for all marketers. The statistics don't lie, mobile is, and has been, consistently trending upwards. Businesses large and small alike are seeing the utility of mobile communication. Don't fall behind - now is
the time to catch up and get mobile: 54% of mobile subscribers in US own a smartphone as of June 2012.
- Demographics wise, those who scan QR codes are typically male (69%): 1) Teens (under 18) - 8%; 2) Seniors (55+) - 11%; 3) Ages (35-44) - 24%; 4) Ages (24-34) - 26%.
What stores are QR codes being used in?
- Which retail stores are smartphone owners using QR codes to obtain more details about products before they purchase them?: 1) Department stores - 36%; 2) Mass merchandiser - 31%; 3) Grocery store - 26%; 4) Electronic stores -
- From June 2011 to June 2012 QR code scans by consumers increased by an amazing 400%.
- Lots of mommies have gone mobile!: 1) 58% of mommies with smartphones are "comfortable with mobile ads"; 2) 18% state that mobile advertising has influenced purchases.
- From 2010 to 2012 there has been an increase of mobile share of web traffic in North America by approximately 69% so more and more people are surfing the web via their smartphones.
- Mobile Internet usage should overtake the use of desktop Internet usage by 2014.
- Are QR codes growing in popularity?: 1) Number of QReate & Track QR Codes created: 2009-2010 - 56.462 created; 2010-2011 - 485.496 created; 2011-2012 - 999.155 created; 2) Number of QReate & Track QR Codes scans:
2009-2010 - 27.708 scans; 2010-2011 - 728.401 scans; 2011-2012 - 1.317.083 scans.
- Sharing is caring: 45% of mobile users have shared with or referred a friend to a product or service stemming from a mobile ad.
- Americans spend almost 3 hours a day on their phones.
- 50% of local Internet searches are being done on phones.
- 91% of mobile Internet access is for social activities, versus just 79% on desktops.
Learn more about AR Codes at QReateAndTrack.com | Interested in QR Codes & Mobile marketing?: www.QReateAndTrack.com; www.iFlyMobi.com | This infographic is brought to you by: InterlinkONE | Copyright 2012 Grow
Socially & InterlinkONE | Sources: http://www.QReateAndTrack.com; http://www.blog.nielsen.com; http://www.smartinsighhts.com; http://www.nellymoser.com; http://www.pbsmartessentials.com; http://www.scanlife.com;