Connecting With Mobile Customers
- By the end of 2013, there will be more mobile devices on Earth than people - Cisco, 2013.
- More people in the US will access the web via mobile devices than via wireline computers by 2015 - IDC Worldwide new Media Market Model Forecast.
- Got an app for that? 72% of consumers have a more positive view of a company if it provides a mobile customer service app.
- The mobile consumer: 1) 66% of consumers now use their smartphone to make purchases - Pew Research; 2) 50% have used mobile devices to search for products & services online - Pew Research; 3) 75 percentage of Generation
Y consumers that own a smartphone - Forester.
- Process reinvention. Forrester forecasts that companies will spend about $900 million on mobile process reinvention services in 2013, a number that will more than triple in 2014 and continue to rise through 2015. Forrester also
predicts that by 2018, mobile devices will be rich interfaces for highly customized service experiences based on who the user is, what their current situation is as measured by a variety of sensors, where the consumer is located, and
what the service provider knows about both the user and the overall situation.
- Search, social, sales. Within the past two years, the number of Google searches on mobile devices has grown by 500% - Google 2012 Our Mobile Planet Smartphone Research. Mobile search will generate 27.8 billion more queries than
desktop search by 2016 - BIA/Kelsey. The number of mobile social network users in the US will grow to 79.1% by 2015 - eMarketer. Between 2011 and 2012, time spent on social networks via mobile devices increased 24%, while
time spent on social networks via PCs declined 5% - Nielsen/McKinsey. Eleven percent (11%) of all e-commerce transactions now take place on a mobile device - comScore: 1) 25% companies that currently have a mobile customer
service strategy in place - International Customer Mgmt Institute; 2) 33% companies in the planning stages of developing a mobile customer service strategy; 3) 55% companies that said their mobile customers expect the same
level of service from mobile as they receive on other channels; 4) 57% consumers that say they will not recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site - Compuware; 5) 40% consumers that will go to a competitor's
site following a bad mobile experience - Compuware.
Infographic: Parature Customer Service Software | www.parature.com.