Consumers Favor Email Over Other Mobile Messaging
As smartphone use approaches 50%, users say they prefer email over SMS or in-app promotions in terms of mobile messaging.
- US smartphone users - 50%.
- Consumers willing to receive email promotions at least once a week - 65%.
- Consumers who prefer not to receive offers via SMS or in-app messages - 63%.
- Smartphone users who are more likely to make a purchase after opening a promotional email - 32%.
- Consumers less inclined after opening an SMS promotion - 9%.
- Consumers less inclined to make a purchase after opening an in-app promotion - 6%.
Biggest barriers to mobile marketing success
- Consumers attempting to read or click through promo messages are curtailed by: 1) Bad links - 28%; 2) Non-mobile optimized emails - 28%; 3) Network connectivity - 23%.
Source: Consumer Perceptions of Mobile Marketing for StrongMail, Forrester Consulting and StrongMail.