Email Hosting Puts Businesses On The Road To Competitive Advantage
Email is a mission-critical function in most businesses today, and efficient management of email services is vital to ensuring maximum uptime and productivity. Hosted email platforms can have a profound impact on the
accessibility, mobility and productivity of organizations of any size to enable employees to focus on high-value tasks that drive competitive advantage.
Start route guidance
- In-house email systems experience a mean of 53 minutes of unplanned downtime per time. Email outages cost an average of $42.000 per hour.
- 33% of major in-house email outages leave staff without email for more than 24 hours.
- Hosted email solutions typically guarantee 99.9% email uptime.
- Lost productivity due to spam costs businesses approximately $897.86 per user every year.
- Organizations lose around $1.250 per user in annual productivity due to time spent dealing with spam.
- 264 billion spam messages are sent every day.
- Hosted email solutions constantly apply the latest anti-spam.updates to shield your staff from this productivity-killer.
- 75% of people form judgements about others based on their email address.
- Personalized email domains establish trust, are easy to remember, and reflect a commitment to the business.
- 87% of all company communications, on average, are via email.
- Hosted email solutions provide the flexibility to design a vanity email domain consistent with your brand.
- 2011 saw a 132% growth in the number of emails read on mobile devices.
- 43% of mobile email users check email four or more times per day.
- 83% of workers check email after work using a smartphone or mobile device.
- Hosted email solutions make it easy to offer mobile email services to your employees.
- 4 of the top 5 viruses of all time were spread via email.
- Computer viruses cost US businesses $55 billion annually.
- 40% of all IT executives expected a cyber attack causing an outage of at least 24 hours within the next year.
- Hosted email solutions invest constantly in virus protection to ensure only virus-free email is delivered.
- Companies that employ hosted email platforms require 58% less IT staff investments.
- Companies with low IT effectiveness are 2x as likely to run email on premise.
- Implementing a hosted email solution frees IT staff for more compelling and high-value tasks.
- Cloud-based calendar, groupware, and collaboration tools have been shown to deliver 30x ROI.
- Searching for documents, revisions, and updates costs $3.300 per year per employee.
- Hosted email platforms typically include calendar, work group, and collaboration tools.
- You have reached your destination.
Rackspace Hosting | Sources: Rubicon; Osterman Research; Gartner Research; The e-ail Admin; The e-Mail Admin; ITBusinessEdge.com; Forrester Research; 1&1 Mail and Media; Litmus; Osterman Research; Merkle;
McAfee; MakeUseOf.com; TechNewsWorld; Freeform Dynamics; Forrester; iDC; Computer Weekly.