How B2B Email Marketing Delivers
Email holds a strategic value for business
- 90.9% rate the strategic value of email as important or very important.
- Almost half of respondents report email drives 30% or more of their total revenues.
Email produces consistent results across industries
- B2B sales emails have the third highest open rate of 27.84%.
- In 2011, UK SME's saw average open rates of 18.21% and click-through rates of 3.29%.
Email delivers solid results
- Concerns about return on investment from email campaigns fell from 61% in the previous report to 31% in the latest research.
- Emails had the highest ROI (28.5%), compared with 7% for direct mail.
- Email connects with tech-savvy mobile users
- 82% of CEOs own a smartphone.
- 88% of people with a smartphone check their email on their mobile daily.
Email is a trusted channel for brand communication
- Email subscribers have already bought into your brand.
- 63% expect to increase expenditure on email marketing in the future.
Personalised email transforms leads into sales
- Improves click-through rates by 14%.
- Improves conversion rates by 10%.
- 65% use targeted messaging, changing email content on how a prospect responds.
Email has greater potential than social media
- Check email online - 94%.
- Access social media - 61%.
- Say email is their preferred marketing method - 75%.
The most powerful B2B email marketing databse in the UK: Thomsonlocal.com have over 740.000 double opt-in, verified business email addresses for targeted sales lead generation | Thomsonlocal.com - Direct
Marketing Services | www.thomsonlocal.com/directmarketing | Sources: http://www.slideshare.net/dmaemail/dma-client-benchmark-report-2012-research-findings; http://www.sign-up.to/email-marketing-benchmarks/
email-benchmark-2011; http://dma.org.uk/conversion-rates-now-greatest-concern-email-marketers-new-dma-report-finds; http://www.pardot.com/press-releases/survey-reveals/changing-role-email-marketing;