How the Web has Changed the Way We Buy Music
- U.K. digital music revenues reached £188.9m in 2009.
- 36% of U.K. consumers have bought a CD after watching a music video on YouTube
- Worldwide, over 11.7 billion songs have now been downloaded from iTunes (32% increase in 2008). Digitalmusicnews.com, September 2010.
-There are over 160m iTunes accounts (with credit cards) across 23 countries. Digitalmusicnews.com, September 2010.
- Official digital music has grown at a phenomenal rate with over 98% of the singles bought now being downloads. British phonographic industry as cited by Mediatel, August 2010.
- 64% of iPhone users consume music online (U.S.)
- 1 in 3 U.K. adults aged 15-50 have paid to download music tracks from official services within the last 12 months, 1 in 5 have streamed tracks from a free official site.