- iPhone 4 glass is 82% more likely to shatter than the glass on the iPhone 3GS.
- Overall, the reported accident rate for iPhone 4 was 68% higher than for the iPhone 3GS.
- An estimated 15.5% of iPhone 4 will have an accident within a year of buying their phone.
- 25.6% of iPhone owners experienced a failure in the first two years of use.
- iPhone 3G: 1) Glass/digitizer replacement - $40; 2) LCD replacement - $40.
- iPhone 3GS: 1) Glass/digitizer replacement - $45; 2) LCD replacement - $45.
- iPhone 4: 1) Glass/digitizer replacement - $140; 2) Back housing - $70.
- iPhone 5: 1) Glass/digitizer replacement - $299.95.
- The feature that tweeters were happiest about: The new phone's bigger 4-inch screen.
- 6% of iPhone users who want to upgrade because of the 5's larger screen.
iPhone screen repairs
- iPhone screen repair by Apple costs $199.
- A myriad of 3rd party vendors who will replace if for $100-$150.
- A do-it-yourself replacement kit from iFixit costs $65.
- A do-it-yourself kit on Amazon costs $11.95.