Mobile Barcode Trend Report From ScanLife (Q2 2012)
How far we've come
- It's no secret that mobile barcode scanning has exploded over the past year. To illustrate the massive growth of mobile barcode scanning, we give you the ScanLife Trend Report for Q2 2012 - in infographic form. his shows how far
the industry has come and offers key insights into the who and what of scanning from the past few months. Have a look around to see why it's critical for any brand to integrate mobile barcodes into their mobile marketing strategy.
- Scans by quarter 2009-2012: 1) 2009 (Q4) ~ 0.5m.; 2) 2010 (Q4) ~ 4m.; 3) 2011 (Q4) ~ 12m.; 4) 2012 (Q4) ~ >15 m.
- Single largest QR code campaign (2011 vs. 2012): 1) 2011 (Q2) - 30/016 scans; 2) 2012 (Q2) - 2.051.807 scans.
- Scans per minute (2011 vs. 2012): 1) 2011 (Q2) - 24 scans per min.; 2) 2012 (Q2) - 120 scans per min.
- 4 million new people scanned via ScanLife in Q2 2012.
Who & what we scan
- Demographics: 1) Gender: Male - 69%; Female - 31%; 2) Age: Under 18 - 8%; 18-24 - 16%; 25-34 - 26%; 35-44 - 24%; 45-54 - 15%; 55+ - 11%' 3) OS: Android - 53%; Apple iOS - 43%; Symbian - 2%; Blackberry - 2%.
- 60% of people scanned from home.
* Source: ComScore MobiLens April 2012.
- What time of day is everyone scanning?: 1) Most active time of the day: 5pm - 11pm; 2) Least active time of the day: 12am - 4pm.
Who & what we scan
- Top QR code campaigns: 1) By content: Video; App download; Social media; Loyalty program; Contest; 2) By industry: Beverage; QSR; Wireless; Health & beauty; Toys.
* Ranked by the marketer campaigns that generated the most scans in Q2 2012.
- Most popular products scanned: 1) Coca-Cola; 2) Doritos; 3) Hunger games; 4) Call of Duty; 5) Etc.
- Coke vs. Pepsi. Which is scanned more: 1) Coca-Cola - 67%; 2) Pepsi - 33%.
ScanLife - www.scanlife.com | email@example.com | * The data in this report was pulled from the ScanLife Reporting Platform. It represents traffic from both 2D (QR) Codes and UPC barcodes. The 2D Codes scanned may have been
generated on the ScanLife Platform or from 3rd party generators. The 2D barcode scanning traffic may come from either the ScanLife app or 3rd party apps | To find out how your business can benefit from this technology, please
contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.scanlife.com.