The Great App-Splosion
There's nothing hotter for consumers than tablet devices and smart phones there's also nothing more terrifying for I.T. than tablet devices and smart phones.
- Enterprise tablet adoption will grow by almost 50% per year.
- By 2015 mobile app development projects will outnumber native PC projects 4 to 1.
- Expected 2012 enterprise applications market growth: 4.5% increase over 2011.
- $120.4 billion refers to software platform that are too large and too complex for individual or small business use designed to integrate with other apps within corporate networks while meeting strict requirements for security and
- Types of enterprise applications: 1) Enterprise resource planning; 2) Customer relationship management; 3) Business continuity planning; 4) Software as a service; 5) Business process management; 6) enterprise application integration;
7) Business intelligence.
- The rapid rise of the iphone, iPad and other mobile devices has fueled a mad rush of venture funding into consumer-facing mobile companies: 1) ($3 billion (invested by venture capitalists during first half of 2011) → 358 (mobile
companies) → $960 million (going to the "media and applications" sector)); 2) social networks/mobile games/mobile advertising/app platforms/news aggregation/photo sharing/group messaging.
- Mobile OS market share: 1) iOS - 32.0%; 2) RIM Blackberry - 11.6%; 3) Windows Mobile - 4.1%; 4) Windows Phone - 1.7%; 5) Other - 2.1%; 6) Android - 48.5%.
- By the end of 2012: Mobile devices will outnumber "traditional computers" 2 to 1 in a network.
- 85 billion mobile app downloads.
- 3/4 of all mobile apps developed in 2012 will be integrated with enterprise services (iMicrosoft - Oracle - SAP).
- Over 80% of all mobile apps developed in 2012 will be integrated with social networking services.
- Half of all mobile apps developed will be connected to and integrated with cloud application platforms (Force.com, Windows Azure, Amazon Web Services).
ClickSoftware - Making Service Click | Appstore.clicksoftware.com.
Presented by: clicksoftware.com.