Mobile Marketing: What's With The Attitudes?
- #1 Do people actually like offers on their mobile phone?: 1) 65% of smartphones owners are open to receiving offers on their mobile phones; 2) While 29% are turned off by them; 3) And 6% don't know.
- #2 From whom?: 1) 52% of smartphone users prefer receiving offers from their mobile operators; 2) 48% don't know; 3) 8% wouldn't mind third party ads.
- #3 What kind of offers should mobile operators provide?: 1) 51% of smartphone owners prefer receiving offers concerning mobile products only (upgrade plan, top-up discounts etc); 2) 15% are open to offers from third party
- #4 What sort of mobile products and services?: 1) 21% of smartphone users prefer upgrade plan offers tailored to their usage and needs; 2) 12% are positive towards general discounts; 3) 11% would like suggestions for a general
mobile phone upgrade.
- #5 Through what mobile channel do people prefer receiving offers?: 1) 75% of smartphone users would like to get notified for new offers via SMS; 2) 15% via advertising on mobile Internet; 3) 10% via advertising on mobile
applications. The most effective mobile marketing medium for eliciting consumer response is SMS.
- #6 How often?: 1) 83% up to twice a month; 2) Only 2% more than 5 times per month.
- But be warned: 72% would change provider if they received third party ads.
Upstream - We Switch Your Customers On | YouGov | Source: YouGov Pic; Total sample: 2198 adults; Dates: 29th Nov - 1st Dec 2010; The survey was carried out online; The figures have been weighted and are representative of all
GB adults (aged 18+).