Mobile Load Time vs User Expectation
- 74% of users say they'll bounce after waiting 5 seconds or more for a mobile site to load.
Source: Gomez, July 2011; Keynote 2011.
- The average m-commerce site takes 9.86 seconds to load.
What are mobile users doing online?
- 2014: People worldwide - 490 million.
- 2009: People worldwide - 81.3 million.
- Making payments (e.g. in-app payments, mobile ticketing & mobile coupons).
Source: Portio Research, 2010.
- Shopping: Five out of five US smartphone owners use their phone to help with shopping.
- Mobile site/full site: When given the choice, 32% of customers choose to view the full site on their mobile device rather than the mobile site.
The mobile-only audience is growing
- 2010: Mobile-only users - 14 million.
- 2015: Mobile-only users - 788 million.
The growth of mobile commerce
- 2011: $6 billion.
- 2012: $10 billion.
- 2016: $31 billion.