The Power Of Mobile
- Immediate data input and fast response will result in more service level agreements met, more customers satisfied and more product moved without waste: Mobility is not just about connecting the mobile worker to the back-office
system. Mobility is about people, it can connect mobile workers to each other, and use location awareness to let them meet and support each other. It can connect them to their back-office colleagues, to subcontractors, and most
importantly - to customers. Think of a "call the customer" button that the service engineer can touch while driving to the customer's site, to save a few minutes of both their time. Think of a team member instantly notified when
another member has completed part of their shared task, or receiving a safety alert if the other member hasn't moved or interacted with the system for too long.
- "Composite application integration and support is often a requirement for mobile applications" - Gartner MEAP Magic Quadrant, April 2011. Meaning that the mobile workforce requires applications that connect to multiple data sources
and business processes, a simple extension of one business process into the mobile device is not enough.
- "If the average Fortune 1000 business increased the usability of its data but just 10%, it could realize a $2.01 billion annual revenue increase" - Found a 2010 study by the University of Texas, Austin.
- How could a company increase its data usability? Allow remote access to the company's network via mobile devices.
Let them eat cake employees expect mobility. BYOD - Bring Your Own Device
- 66% of employees want IT to let them use any device they choose.
- 45% of IT workers aren't prepared to support a borderless mobile workforce.
- 61% of companies that let employees use personal mobile device have higher employee satisfaction.
- Top 3 barriers to BYOD: 1) Security - 57%; 2) Budget - 34%; 3) Staff expertise - 17%.
Mobility phase 1
- Laptops. One of the oldest form of mobility.
- 58% of road warriors travel without a laptop. Traveling light is their #1 priority.
Source - Holiday Inn Express Survey, http://riroads.com/archieve/roadwarriors.htm.
- Smartphones. Choosing smartphones over custom devices reduces training time and increases familiar usability. Using cameras on phones allows information to be captured, analyzed and managed in real-time.
- GPS. More time. Field mobility workers recover about 54 minutes of downtime per day when their organization utilizes GPS solutions. This equates to average annual recouped labor costs of 55.484 employee.
- Fuel consumption. GPS field workers drive an average of 231 fewer miles per week, resulting ni $51.582 in annual savings.
- Increase speed in serving customer. Better serves customers by closing time windows, and increasing service speed.
- Best in class field strategy. Cementing GPS as a crucial component.
- Right time, right place. Combining the advantages of location awareness (GPS) with location-based real-time decision making and scheduling.
Mobility phase 2
- In the cloud the entire network available remotely, anytime, anywhere, including free software and updates without compatibility issues or in office IT management.
- Cloud: 1) Distribution (software, updates, information, content); 2) Manage (operating system, software projects); 3) Embedded (location, over the air data encryption, antivirus and firewall protection); 4) Track (assets, hardware,
software inventory, software license compliance); 5) Additions (device kill and data deletions for lost or stolen devices, backup and restoration of data).
- 70 percent of employees with smartphones regularly check their emails outside of normal business hours.
- Tablets are the most effective mobile form factor. Tablets dy design strike the balance between the usability of a laptop and the portability of a smartphone.
- 42 percent of employees log onto their business emails accounts while home on sick leave.
- 43% of employees connect to their emails on their smartphones in order to get ahead and ease their workloads for the following business day.
- During downtime, 91 percent of employees check their smartphone every six to 12 minutes.
- Are tablets the best mobile device? For employees that fill out lots of forms, search/correlate data, or regularly share graphs. Usability of a laptop + portability of a smartphone = win. Empowers workers to: 1) Create content
on mobile device; 2) Write longer emails with attachments; 3) Use workplace spps: Customer Relationship Management (CRM); Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP); Human Resource (HR) time and expenses.
- Benefits from usability: 1) Reduced labor expenses; 2) Higher job completion rates; 3) Reduced paperwork; 4) Improved customer service and response times; 5) Productivity improvements; 6) Reduced liability; 7) More
accurate billing & record keeping; 8) Increased customer satisfaction; 9) Reduced sales cycles; 10) Streamlines workflow with added visibility; 11) Increased productivity and efficiencies; 12) Reduced operational costs;
13) Improved data collection and accuracy.
- Who benefits from mobility? used for applications in vertical processes: work order tasks, data capture, spare parts ordered, inspection check offs. Particularly in the public sector and utilities industries, the conversion to paperless
mobile workflows has a high return on investment (ROI) from reduced administrative expense increased data accuracy and reduced cycle time.
- Today, enhanced productivity fueled by mobile applications is enjoyed by: 1) Managers; 2) Sales reps; 3) Customer service agents; 4) Field service technicians; 5) Retail associates; 6) Warehouse managers and many more.
- Deploying & managing mobile apps in the field. Five key questions: 1) How broad is the provider's portfolio?; 2) Are the mobile apps easily configurable?; 3) Are the apps entirely agnostic?; 4) How fully and easily can your apps be
integrated with back end systems?; 5) Can you add features & functionality without extensive upgrades?
Learn the top tips for a successful enterprise mobility project - clicksoftware..com/mobile-workforce | Presented by Click Software | Developed by NowSourcing.com