An iPad of uses: advancing the world of business.
Where are people using their iPad for business?
29% of the iPad users say the device has become their primary computer, replacing their laptop or desktop.
- At their desk.
Business, homework, web browsing, reading documents.
- In meetings.
PowerPoint presentations, note taking, web browsing.
- The ER.
Web browsing, application tools, note taking.
- In store.
Web browsing, product research, checking out.
Who is embracing Apple's hot product?
Small businesses are taking advantage of the many functions the iPad has to offer, from staying connected with customers to enhancing their in-store or online experience.
The iPad audience isn't especially young. About 70% of the users are between the ages of 35 and 64. Many people today label their iPad as an expensive toy, because it gives them the ability to spend hours at a time reading books, playing games and browsing the web.
- Business travellers.
Business tools and applications are at the iPad users' fingertips, helping with important meetings, taking notes and keeping up to date on emails and company news wherever they are.
Three smart business uses for the iPad.
- A better connection to the customer.
With the millions of iPads being used around the world, it makes sense that now is the perfect time to design an app that allows iPad users to feel closer than ever to their favorite brands, especially.
- A better customer self-service tool.
Self-service kiosks use a company's proprietary mobile interface, which allows travelling passengers to book, pay and check-in whenever they are in an airport. This is not just a good idea for airports.
- A more complete catalog.
iPad apps have the power to provide a customer everything they want to know about a product. They can browse, add an item to a shopping cart and purchase an item, all in a single app.
Fun facts about the iPad.
- To date, there have been more than 80,000 Zendesk mobile app downloads on the iPhone, BlackBerry and Android.
- According to Apple, 80% of Fortune 100 companies today are testing or deploying the iPad.
- Business applications are the most popular category for apps on Apple’s App Store, where downloads grew by 186 percent in 2010 compared to 2009, according to a recent report from Distimo.
- Deloitte forecasts that more than 25% of all tablet computers will be bought by enterprises in 2011.
SOURCES: businessinsider.com | blog.nielsen.com | inc.com