Pausing Google Play
- 26% of apps in Google Play store access personal info (100k+).
- 25% identified as suspicious or questionable apps.
- 412.212 apps reviewed by Bit9.
- 285 apps use 25 or more system permissions.
- 71% of apps are free (293.496), 29% are paid for or premium apps (118.716).
What permissions do apps access most?
- Access location data (GPS) - 42%.
- Access phone calls or phone numbers - 31%.
- Have access to personal info - 26%.
- Use permissions that can cost money - 9%.
- Have access to account information - 1%.
- 72% of apps request at least one potentially risky permission.
- Only 24% of respondents deploy app inventory/control.
What type of access do employers allow?
- 68% of IT decision makers ranked security as the most important concern driving their policy.
- 96% allow personal devices to access corporate email.
- 85% allow personal devices for calendar/scheduling.
- 71% allow employee-owned mobile devices to access their network.
What mobile platform is viewed as more secure?
- 84% believe iOS is more secure than Android.
Some birds are angrier than others?
- 115 apps contained the words "Angry" and "Birds", with only 4 being from official Angry Birds developer Rovio Mobile.
Read the report. Learn more about what you can do to protect yourself and all your information.
Developed by Bit9.