QR Aware: A Mobile Barcode Awareness Study
How do QR codes work?
- QR codes can show up anywhere. Scan the code with your smartphone to be directed to a website, phone number, SMS or other call-to-action.
Survey question one: Have you ever seen or heard of QR codes?
- 52% have seen or heard of QR codes.
Survey question two: Have you ever scanned a QR codes?
- 28% have scanned a QR codes with their mobile or smartphone.
Survey question three: How frequently do you scan a QR code?
- How frequently people scan depends on a number of factors; how often code is seen, someone desire it and the ease of scanning: 1) Daily - 1%; 2) Weekly - 2%; 3) Monthly - 6%; 4) Almost never - 33%; 5) Did it once, won't do it
again - 2%.
Survey question four: Where have you seen QR codes?
- On the posters/stickers - 29%.
- On the Internet - 40%.
- Printed on ads - 48%.
- On TV - 12%.
- On brochures/collateral - 45%.
- In newspapers/magazines - 42%.
- Other - 19%.
Survey question five: Why have you scanned a QR code?
- The majority of QR scans lead users to websites, coupons and information: 1) Go to a website - 62%; 2) Get a coupon - 30%; 3) Get information - 30%; 4) Get contact info - 24%; 5) Send a text message - 3%; 6) Dial a phone
number - 5%; 7) Share something on a social network - 8%.
Survey question seven: Has a QR code ever led you to a purchase?
- 6% state that a QR code led to the purchase of a product or service.
Brought to you by Austin & Williams: Advertising; Interactive; Branding; Direct; Social Media | www.Austin-Williams.com.