QR CODE FOR INSURANCE AGENCIES AND AGENTS
- Quick response codes (QR codes) are two-dimensional codes capable of holding thousands of alphanumeric characters of information.
- Origin: This technology, developed and popularized in Japan, has been around for about 15 years but is only now becoming popular in the US.
- By scanning one of these codes with your iPhone, Android or any other camera-enabled smartphone, you can access digital content on the Web, activate an email, IM or other type of message, or connect your mobile
device to a web browser.
Insurance agents can use QR codes?
- Create a short video about yourself, your agency, your service philosophy or offer to provide a quote... or anything else.
- Put your website's QR code alongside your logo the next time your print your company t-shirts or mugs.
- Use it on your next newsletter to send readers to your website for a special announcement.
- Print your company t-shirts.
- Put one on your business card.
- According to Mobio, QR code usage grew 4594% since since Q1 2010.
- QR codes can enable users to quickly provide information either via a mobile App or via WAP enabled website immediately following the accident.
- QR codes for payments. Companies provides an excellent technology that enables insurance organizations to place ads with QR codes and accept payments.
- Mobile first notice of loss: Claim assistance in your pocket: 1) Accident; 2) Emotionally stressful; 3) "Mobile first notice of loss" solution.
"Mobile first notice of loss"
- #1 Submit a loss report: The customer's mobile phone is used to submit a loss report including information such as GPS location data and the car registration. In addition, the camera of the mobile phone is used to take
pictures of the accident, which are attached to the loss report.
- #2 Value-added services that are offered on the mobile phone: The user utilizes Google Maps to navigate to the closest authorized repair shop and requests a tow truck by the click of a button. The mobile phone
application also provides details about the customer's insurance policy, like his eligibility for a rental car as well as the ID of the recently created claim
- #3 Claim evaluation: Finally, the evaluation of the report is carried out, the report which was obtained through above process.
Brought to you by: Insurededge.com | Sources: http://smartspublishing.com/blog/put-qr-codes-insurance-marketing-tool-kit; http://www.slideshare.net/Grown737/qr-presentation-for-insurance-providers;