Smartphone users fork over the digital dish on dining out
95% of respondents use their smartphone prior to dining out
What is the primary reason you use your smartphone prior to dining out?
- Communicate/text with others regarding dining plans - 20%
- Search for a restaurant that appeal to you - 19%
- View food/drink menu - 18%
- Find directions to restaurant - 18%
85% of the respondents trust online reviews from fellow diners more than reviews from professionals and food sites
What is the primary reason you use your smartphone while dining out?
- Post a Facebook status update - 19%
- Take pictures - 24%
- Check-in at a restaurant - 18%
- Search for places nearby to go after dining out - 13%
- Of those searching for post-dinner plans, 70% are male
What is the primary reason you use your smartphone after dining out?
- Post a Facebook update - 22%
- Find directions home - 22%
- Post photos - 14%
- Do not use their smartphone for any reason after dining out - 10%
Frequency - use their smartphone every time or almost every time dine out (23%)
Importance - consider their smartphone somewhat or extremely important in their dining experience (49%)
Timing - utilize their smartphone at dinner more than any other meal (70%)
Favorite foodie apps
Groupon/deal app, Camera app, OpenTable, UrbanSpoon, Diet app, Local dining app, MenuPages, Expense tracking app, Instagram, FoodSpotting
- Smartphone to the rescue!
Smartphones coming in handy at last minute...
"Went to a restaurant that was closed, and used UrbanSpoon to find a new restaurant" - UrbanSpoon
"Looked the calorie content of food before eating"
"Needed to inform friends of a great Brazilian restaurant I found on Yelp at last minute-got reservations, directions, and we had a great table, food, service, and posted it with pics!" - Yelp
For custom research studies and infographics, please contact us at info@Lab24.com
Brought To You By LAB42