The State Of Personalized Email Marketing
The cost of customers opting out of emails lists is high but not very well understood
- Revenues lost each year for a mid-size retailer due to email opt-outs - $1.1 million.
- 50% of marketers don't know the cost of a customer unsubscribing from their list.
- 60% of customer lifetime value is lost when a customer unsubscribers from your list.
- The average cost of an opt-out from your list - $59.
- Percent of consumers who cannot remember a single memorable marketing campaign from the past year - 34%.
- How many memorable campaigns did you send/recieve the past year? (Keys: Marketers; Campaigns; Consumers): 1) Marketers - 0%; Campaigns - 0; Consumers - 34%; 2) Marketers - 25%; Campaigns - 1-5;
Consumers - 33%; 3) Marketers - 23%; Campaigns - 6-10; Consumers - 12%; 4) Marketers - 13%; Campaigns - 11-15; Consumers - 4%; 4) Marketers - 39%; Campaigns - >15; Consumers - 17%.
- Percent of marketers who believe they sent between 5-15 compelling, delightful email campaigns last year.
- Did you send/receive any of the following in the past year? (Keys: Marketers; Consumers): 1) Follow-up on abandoned shopping carts: Marketers - 29%; Consumers - 29%; 2) A discount offer to first time buyers:
Marketers - 44%; Consumers - 49%; 3) A reward for loyal shoppers: Marketers - 39%; Consumers - 52%; 4) An offer for clients who didn't buy for a white: Marketers - 50%; Consumers - 52%.
Personalized marketing is still not widely adopted
- 65% of marketers don't differentiate email frequency by customer.
- 52% of marketers don't differentiate email content by customer.
Survey conducted by AGIL ONE | Learn more at: www.agilone.com/email-marketing/infographic.