Welcome To The M-Commerce Revolution
Intela's largest research helps marketers understand the 2013 mobile shopper.
2013 smartphone shopping
- More likely to make a purchase over their mobile than a year ago - USA (44%), UK (40%).
- Already spending over $10per transaction over their mobile - USA (56%).
- Already spending over £10 per transaction over their mobile.
- US men happy to spend over $1000 per transaction - 27%.
- UK men happy to spend over £ per transaction - 15% .
- US women happy to spend over $100 per transaction - 16%.
- UK women happy to spend over £100 per transaction.
Attitudes to mobile ads
- More likely to respond to ads on their smartphone than any other device - USA (1 in 5), UK (1 in 3).
- Respond to social ads on their smartphones - UK & USA (1 in 10).
- Email is the key trigger to make a mobile purchase - USA (1 in 3).
- Email is the key trigger to make a mobile purchase - UK (1 in 4).
- Respond to banner ads on apps or mobile websites - fewer than 2%.
- Most responsive age bracket to mobile optimised emails - 18-34 year olds (39%).
Types of purchases
- Retails - USA (50%), UK (40%).
- Lifestyle and entertainment - USA (2 in 5), UK (1 in 4).
- Travel - USA (1 in 4), UK (1 in 5).
- Automotive - USA (9%), UK (9%).
- Financial services - USA (1 in 10), UK (1 in 20).
Intela | www.intela.com | Intela is a global provider of database marketing sevices, offering web and mobile marketing platforms for brands, advertising agencies, direct marketers and publishing partners. Intela generates and deliver
qualified leads through a suite of performance-based marketing solutions spanning 24 countries worldwide. With the knowledge and experience that comes from having amassed a unique database of more than 110 million consumer
profiles and a trusted network of more than 10.000 publishing partners, Intela offers an unparalleled ability to help its clients plan effective media campaigns across mobile and web based applications, globally. Thanks to bespoke
professional services and successful ROI management, Intela partners with numerous leading blue chip companies and Global Hitwise Top 50 clients.