USES OF SOLAR ENERGY
- A solar panel (also solar module, photovoltaic module or photovoltaic panel) is a packaged, connected assembly of photovoltaic cells.
- Renewable energy in the United States accounted for 14.3 percent of the domestically produced electricity in the United States.
- Roughly 14 percent of the total renewable energy generated in the US in 2008 solar energy.
- In 2011, the United States invested over $48.1 billion into solar, wind and other green power technologies. this is the first time since 2009 that United States has outpaced all other major economies in clean energy
- The average annual electricity consumption for a US residential utility customer is 1.496 Kwh.
- 843.000 Kwh of electricity were provided by solar power in 2011.
- California's utilities are now required to obtain 33 percent of their electricity from renewable energy sourced by the end of 2020.
- A 1993 DoE study estimated that rooftop solar panels alone could produce 25% of the power needed in over 40 states, and over 50% of the power in many southwestern states.