Walmart - Mobile Shopping by the Numbers
- Walmart shoppers get mobile. More than half of Walmart customers have a smartphone.
- US trends in mobile shopping. In 2012, 82% of the US is forecasted to be mobile users.
- Top items in mobile shopping lists: Apples; Bananas; eggs; Milk; Bread.
- 21% of smartphone users use their devices while in stores.
- Walmart's top mobile search terms: laptops; TVs and iPads.
- One-third of mobile users scan barcodes for details.
- 40 percent of Walmart.com's holiday traffic expected to be driven by mobile.
- 78% of consumers have shopped on their device.
- In 2012, overall mobile industry retail sales are projected to grow 144%.
- Nearly one-third of mobile shoppers manage a shopping list on their device.
Walmart | Sources: Walmart Global Customer Insights, 2012; Forrester Research Inc, August 2012, Mobile Commerce Forecast, 2012-2017, US; Nielsen Mobile Shopping Report, Q3, October 2012.