By 2013 2013, It Will be a Smartphone-Majority World. By 2020 You Could Be Burning Through 1 Gb Of Mobile Data Every Day
- So what does 1 Gb look like?: 1) 2 hours of streaming video; 2) 50.000 emails; 3) 4.000 Facebook pics; 4) 200+ songs; 5) 1.000 digital books.
- So what's next? Networks need to be ready for: 1) Cloud computing; 2) "Always on" social gaming; 3) Video calling everywhere and anywhere; 3) 3D mobile video; 4) Fridges,cars, flowerpots, the Internet of things.
- By 2013, more people will use mobile devices than PC's to get online.
- By 2013, 3 out of 4 Americans who acquire a new mobile phone will choose a smartphone.
- 67% of US mobile subscribers will own smartphones.
- 72% of the smartphone owners will be from 24-35 age group.
- What is the size of the mobile market in 2013: 1) Of the world's 4 billion mobile phones in use - 25%; 2) 1.08 billion are smartphones - 27%; 3) And a whopping 3.05 billion are SMS enables - 48%.
- One half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices.
- 91% of mobile Internet access is to socialize... compared to 79% on desktops.
- On average Americans spend 2.7 hours per day socializing on their mobile device. That's more than twice the amount of time eating, and more than 1/3 of the time they spend sleeping.
- Growth rates and forecasts have suggested the market could be worth 29.5 billion in 2015 worldwide. More than 3x today.
Digital Brand Group - The Digital Business Specialists | Inspired? To plan your next mobile application, visit digitalbrandgroup.com or call out mobile experts at 1-888-690-0060. the world awaits!