Email Marketing: All The Cool Kids Are Doing It!!
Whats the point?!!? Aims and objectives of email marketing
- Build brand awareness.
- Increase sales.
- Lead generation.
- Strengthen customer relationships.
- Remind customers who you are.
- Email marketing is currently the #1 channel for B2B marketers. Why, you ask? Because! Its affordable, quick, simple, direct and most importantly, its measurable!
Average % rates
- Unsubscribe - 2%.
- Hard bounce - 4%.
- Soft bounce - 5%.
- Click through - 13%.
- Open - 24%.
- Deliverable - 84%.
- According to the DMA (Direct Market Association) in 2011 the average ROI for every $1 spent was $40.56!
- The 2012 Marketing Channel and Engagement Benchmark Survey found 63% of respondents cited email as the channel offering the best ROI.
Best practices: The do's and don'ts of email marketing
- Keep the subject line under 50 characters.
- Include 1 call to action.
- Try and stick to 3 fonts and 4 colors.
- No larger than 600 pixel width.
- Send out tues, 10am-1pm.
- Put your logo in the upper left corner.
- Words to include: 1) Connect; 2) Payments; 3) Conference; 4) Apple; 5) Opportunity; 6) Demo.
- Words not to include: 1) Confirm; 2) Join; 3) Assistance; 4) Speaker; 5) Press; 6) Social.
Weekly infographics brought to you by Saul Lucians VIII and... Solutions - Connecting Your Digital Strategies | Sources: http://www.email-marketing-reports.com/basics/why.htm; http://www.quick.biz/resources/88/1/
What-is-eMarketing-and-how-is-it-better-than-traditional-marketing; http://www.techjournal.org/2012/02/best-words-to-use-in-email-subject-lines-to-get-a-response-infographic; http://mailmarketing.comm100.com/